I’m going to keep an ongoing list of rejections – times when I put myself out there to seek out an opportunity, to offer a product / service, etc. It’s my way of recognizing when I take a risk and try something new. I might make a fool of myself but at least I tried.
Here’s my list so far:
- Emailed Jen Hewett and offered to provide feedback for her online class: Blockprinting on Fabric.
- Offered to do window decorating for Madame Gateaux, a local baking shop in our neighbourhood (I thought it would be fun).
- Contacted The Bus Terminal Diner, Queenie’s Cards, and The Handwork Department to do Humans of Danforth interviews.
- Pitched my free email course, Making Keepsakes for Kids, to Tiffany Han (she has twin girls and I thought she might like it).
- Put together a graphic design concept for a local business.