I know this is a bit random, but it’s pretty fun.
Inspired by a hilarious skit on SNL (with Melissa McCarthy and a group of moms wearing sweaters with their spirit animals on them), I decided that I needed to play with this idea a bit.
What’s my spirit animal?
I started with some very serious research. I Googled: “How do you find out what your spirit animal is?” You have to try these quizzes I found:
http://www.spiritanimal.info/spirit-animal-quiz/ (*my favourite one)
(use a fake email address for this one. They automatically sign you up for their mailing list to do the quiz).
A giant anteater…not so attractive. I agree, I have a big heart and do appreciate alone time, but I’m not sure that I see myself as a wandering recluse…yet. A soft and cuddly appearance…three babies in three years, I totally agree with soft.
But the result I most related to was…
The symbolic meaning of the owl:
- Intuition, ability to see what others do not see
- The presence of the owl announces change
- Capacity to see beyond deceit and masks (to cut through illusions and see the real meaning of someone’s action or state of mind).
- The traditional meaning of the owl spirit animal is the announcer of death, most likely symbolic like a life transition, change
- you probably like to explore the unknown
I definitely love change and exploring the unknown. That’s where my creative mind has its fun. I’m also leery of people who come across as disingenuous.
Anyways, I won’t be running out to pick up a new owl sweater anytime soon or a great pair of owl socks, but it was fun to play around with this for a bit. I hope you have fun with it too.