What I’ve tried:
- Block Printing on Fabric
- Humans of Danforth East
- Learn to Make Strawberry Jam
- Sew Myself a New Bag
- Take a Pottery Class
- Make a Swing
- Take photos of plants and draw them
- Learn how to make bread (I made basil bread. I should post a photo of my first attempt – too funny.)
- Articulate my Values
- Learn how to french braid hair
- Set up mail chimp on my WordPress. Done! (People can choose to get The Lainie List emailed to them if they want.)
- Take another course through IDEO. (I just finished Insights Into Innovation.)
- Take line drawing lessons online (check out the botanical line drawing book)
- Wear My Joy: A Personal Project
- Take the wellness quiz and write a blog post about my results & make self care circles
- Sew Charlie a hat for fall
- Take a Brene Brown course (the vulnerability course and another leadership one – forget the name) (finished! Sept. 2017)
- Create my Lainie Room
- Learn how to do fun line drawings of people (I’ve started on Skillshare!)
- Figure out a fun project related to mail (i LOVE getting mail) – I think I have an idea…
- Take some courses through SkillShare. I think this will be ongoing. Just a few that I’ve taken so far… one, two, three, four.
- Play with mixed media art (take a Skillshare class). I took what I learned and tried a self-portrait!
- Sew Charlie a hat for winter
- Sew hanging fabric pods (for mittens, toques, etc.). I did it! I just didn’t post a pic anywhere.
- Make keepsakes from the kids’ car seat
- Live. Love. Bake! Valentine’s Day Project
- Take a writing course from Firefly Creative Writing
- Make wall hangings from Grandma Beatrice’s crochet work
- Create a free resource for makers
- Write a free email course
- Write my money story
- Make my 100 rejection notes list
- Make my creativity tacklebox
What’s on my List:
- design a quilting course with Mom
- make a woven rag rug
- block print an apron
set up mail chimp on my WordPress
- learn how to make and edit videos in iMovie
- learn how to take great portraits (photography) — take a photography class?
take line drawing lessons online (check out the botanical line drawing book)
- make a vision board
- put together a brand board
make a swing figure out a fun project related to mail (i LOVE getting mail) – I think I have an idea… make my 100 rejection notes list articulate my values
- write my photography / travel blog post
- write my story (through book spines / drawing)
write my money story create my Lainie room make self-care circles (I’ve started! Will share soon.) take the wellness quiz and write a blog post about my results take photos of plants and draw them take some courses through SkillShare (I’ve already started! This site is too much fun.) take a Brene Brown course (the vulnerability course and another leadership one – forget the name) – working on one of her courses right now (September 2017) learn how to french braid hair learn to make bread
- try window decorating for a business (just for fun)
learn how to do fun line drawings of people (I’ve started on Skillshare!)
- sew Charlie a caterpillar dress
sew Charlie a hat for fall / winter take another course through IDEO
- teach a crafting class (maybe how to sew mittens from recycled sweaters?)
- make a zine
- go to MAC and learn more about applying makeup
- take Caroline Winegeart’s Drawing Your Memories online course (registered!)
- draw / create my writing toolbox (inspired by On Writing, by Stephen King)
make my creativity tacklebox play with mixed media art (take a Skillshare class)
- get a piece of my writing published somewhere (on another blog, in a magazine…)
wear my joy (I’ll explain this one soon – a project inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts)
- write and publish a book (I’m working on it!)
- create resources to help others capture their family stories
take a writing course from Firefly Creative Writing Live. Love. Bake! Valentine’s Day Project Make keepsakes from the kids’ car seat sew hanging fabric pods (for mittens, toques, etc.)
- sew a lap quilt from mackinaws and wools
make wall hangings from Grandma Beatrice’s crochet work
- sew spring / summer dresses for Charlie
- make a large collage piece that represents my life story (so far)
write a free email course
- write and sell an online course
create a free resource for makers
- get photo books done for Thatcher and Tate
- keep writing in the kids notebooks
- write my wife story
- learn more about my family
- make my own merit badges
- learn how to use PhotoShop
What is 101 Lainie Projects?
101 Lainie Projects is a fun, personal project I’ve started to find myself again. Long story short, I’ve been feeling a little lost lately.
Inspired by an old Reader’s Digest book, I loved the idea of trying a bunch of different projects (at least 101!) and doodling the tools needed in the front cover.
I’ve been taking classes that interest me. Making stuff. I’m reading even more. And even though it feels a bit weird to do, I’ve been sharing as I go along. Maybe it might encourage someone else to start their own personal project? It will also force me to keep going.
I’ve been dabbling, experimenting, and learning — which is very Lainie (hence the name change of my blog – formerly called Hodgepodge).
On this page, I’ll keep an ongoing list of the projects I’ve tried and what I’m still looking forward to trying.
You can also follow my #101LainieProjects on Instagram.
© Copyright Lainie Holmes 2017 | all rights reserved